5 Reasons Why a Dental Implant Solution Can Enhance the Health of Your Mouth
Smiles can make a long-lasting impression on your family, your colleagues, and everyone in between, which is why it’s so important to keep up with the health and appearance of your mouth. Made from high-quality material, dental implants will restore your natural-looking smile. Along with providing you a sense of confidence, the dental implant procedure will benefit your overall health.
5 Reasons a Dental Implant Solution Enhances Your Health
The dental implant procedure provides a long-term solution for missing teeth. Giving the impression of a natural tooth, the dental implant is made from a strong, long-lasting material and is a permanent addition to your mouth. The long-lasting implant will integrate with your other teeth without any irregularity.
Restores Natural Chewing Ability
A missing tooth can make chewing food difficult. By allowing your remaining teeth to be properly aligned, the dental implant will restore your natural chewing ability. Below are some facts that you may not know about dental implants:
- Misaligned and missing teeth may affect your ability to chew.
- Dental implants restore chewing ability to help protect the jawbone from further deterioration.
- Fully chewed food aids in proper digestion.
- Dental implants reduce the chance of food particles becoming lodged in broken teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to enjoy your favorite foods without removing your dentures.
- Dental implants make the process of chewing comfortable.
Dental implants act and feel like natural teeth. When properly placed, a dental implant will actually help protect your surrounding teeth. It also:
- Prevents your remaining teeth from shifting into the gap in your mouth.
- Helps protect your remaining teeth from cracking and breaking, which can lead to other costly dental issues.
- Eliminates the possibility of cavities—it is impossible for a dental implant to receive a cavity!
No Need for Removal
The dental implant procedure eliminates the need to remove dental work. Dentures and partials require nightly removal for cleaning. Failure to clean properly may put your entire body at risk. Placing dentures on a counter or nightstand may put you at risk for infections. The dental implants will eliminate the nightly procedure. In addition:
- Implants do not need to be removed at night.
- Implants do not require any type of adhesive to keep them in place.
- The implants become part of your mouth.
- You will speak in a clear manner.
- Simply brush and floss your dental implant like your regular teeth.
Keep Natural Facial Structure
Along with protecting the inside of your mouth, the dental implant procedure keeps your face’s natural structure. Often, missing teeth give a person’s face a sunken appearance. In some situations, missing teeth actually make a person look sad, regardless of the situation. With dental implants, your facial structure will return to its natural appearance.
With any type of dental implant procedure, discussing your options with a qualified dentist is critical for optimal results. By restoring your smile, dental implants can give your back your confidence. You will be able to return to your normal daily routine without any embarrassment from missing or broken teeth.
Interested in learning more about how a dental implant solution can enhance the health of your mouth? Then contact us today to schedule a consultation at Stefan Dental.